The symposium will be held in the Assembly Hall of the Senate (Eerste Kamer) of the Dutch Parliament in The Hague.
Binnenhof 22, 2513 AA The Hague, The Netherlands
This unique venue has strict rules regarding identification, storage and Hall access, so please note the following:
- Registration is mandatory,
- Showing your ID is mandatory at the registration desk to get your badge,
- You must wear your badge visible at all times during the day,
- No bags (or (small) purses) are allowed into the Hall. You are allowed to take your laptop/tablet/phone or a notebook and pen,
- Please note that there is a limited availability of lockers at the location. Bags will be stored centrally. We therefore advise you not to bring any valuables. COGEM takes no responsibility for items lost or stolen during the day.
- No food or drinks are allowed into the Hall. This includes water bottles.
- Participants are kindly asked to follow instructions of the local staff at the venue. Taking photos is allowed in the areas where the symposium is taking place. It is not possible to visit other areas of the building.
Finally, the venue has limited seating. If you have already registered for this event, but are unable to attend, please inform us at your earliest convenience so we can offer your seat to someone else.
Approximate traveltime and directions:
By train to The Hague Central Station:
from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol; by Intercity 30 minutes
from Rotterdam The Hague Airport; by bus and metro: 40 minutes
On Foot from The Hague Central Station: It takes approximately 10 minutes to walk from The Hague Central Station. Leave the central hall at the front entrance (Malieveld) and turn left onto the Bezuidenhoutseweg. Walk straight ahead (you cross a canal and walk along Herengracht, Korte Poten and Plein). Cross the square diagonally to the right until the Mauritshuis. Keep the Mauritshuis on your right. Under the two gates at the Binnenhof. The Main entrance of the Senate is located after approximately 50 meters on your right under the colonnade (no. 22)
By public transport: The Binnenhof is very easy to reach via public transport. From The Hague Central Station:
- Buses 22/24 and trams 1/17 stop at ‘Centrum’
- Trams 2/3/4/6 stop at ‘Spui’
- Trams 9/12/16 stop at ‘Kalvermarkt/Stadhuis’
For a full itinerary, you can use the free online journey planner provided by Openbaar Vervoer Reisinformatie. This journey planner will always provide you with the most up-to-date travel information.
By car: There is an underground car park near the Binnenhof which has 560 spaces. The adress is: Plein 25.